Thursday, October 23, 2014

Common Sense Rule #50

If the bars close at 2a because they can’t sell alcohol after that, I can’t sell it either.
This is not a new law.

Sometimes people absolutely amaze me.  Seriously. 

Iowa State Law states that alcohol sales end at 2a.  Now this does vary from state to state, but if you have already been told to leave the bar because its closing time, why would you think that I can continue selling alcohol?

This past summer, I helped more people after 2a who did not realize this was a law than I have had the entire time I have worked at the truck stop.  I watch them wander down to the beer section, look through the doors, and very helpfully mention that beer sales stopped at 2a.


Most people were disappointed.






Some were surprised.






Some were angry.






Now if I had to guess, a good portion of these surprised individuals were low on the legal end, meaning barely 21.  So they were newbies.
Virgins of the bar scene.





But then there were the ones old enough to know better.
Too drunk to know better?
Possibly.





The angry ones?  Eh.  I don't get too worked up over those.  And I'd let them in on a little secret: I don't care what they think.  I'm just doing my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment