Friday, October 10, 2014

Common Sense Rule #93

When you want to remember someone, make sure you call them by name at least seven times.

For those who read my post yesterday and wondered, "Who IS this strange, yet adorable creature that knows how to put thoughts on paper?" it's time you learned a little about me.

First of all, my name is Cassie.  I have many names, some unpublishable, but mostly good.  For the purpose of this blog, you can refer to me as Cassie.

Cassie (the Mom): I have four kids from 23-10: Jake, Stacie, Liam, & Declan.  I also have a daughter-in-law (Tiffany) and we are expecting our first grandson (Emmet) this month.

Cassie (the wife): I have been married for 19 years to my high school sweetheart...although I wasn't really his.  Mark is 10 years older than me and we've been through a lot together: owning our own restaurant, raising kids, and so much more that, many times, I'm not sure how we made it this far.  But we have and we're still here.

Cassie (the student): I decided to go back to school when I was...34?  Yeah.  I'm slightly crazy.  I got my AA with a music transfer from Iowa Lakes Community College after 2 years and moved on to Buena Vista University for my final two years...well, 2 1/2, but that's a different story.  My major is Music Production & Technology and I've got three minors: Vocal Performance, Business, and Digital Media.

Cassie (the cashier): I work for a local truck stop and I've been doing that since the summer before I started at BVU, so a little over two years.  This job is where my Common Sense Rules began and I created my own little following grabbing people's attention with my quick little lines.

Cassie (the storyteller): I have been a scrapbooker since Liam was a year old.  Of course I've had to give it up while I have been busy with school, but it's still near and dear to my heart.  I love how a picture can tell so many different stories and through my digital media classes I've learned so many different ways to tell those stories...I can't wait until I'm done with school and can start doing that again!

Phew!  Well, that's just a smidgen of my life, but I got my name in there seven times so hopefully you will remember me, follow me, and love me.  See you next soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment